Saturday 22 October 2016

Open Mind

Taking a coffee break after reading the summary of 2017 budget presented today. However my posting below is not about the budget but human.

Remember an email sent by a colleague few months ago. She started by emphasising her right to voice her opinions.

That is OK with me as I believe everyone has the right to do so though I also believe that is not a good way to start an email conversation.

She emphasised that again midway and also at the end of her email. The way she put her opinions were also strong amd maybe can be classified as rude.

You may have came across this type of persons. Those who always stick to their own way of thinking and often forget the right of others to say their opinions.

They normally don't take criticisms very well too.

I think these are narrow-minded individuals who are not open to new ideas. Always only look at one side of the story, their own story and put deaf ears and blind eyes on others.

As a person we may think we are always right. That is normal. However, it is not healthy to always judge things based on our, often limited, experiences in life.

To be fair we may need to consider other options, look at things from every angle and make an effort to understand the other side of the coin too.

Having said that we should not also base our opinions and pass our judgments of certain issues on what others think or perceive, and adopt the herd mentality.

It always makes sense and wise to do our own research and look at issues from different perspectives, besides our very ownself.

Yes we are all grown up in certain environments with certain type of people, which often shaped our outlook and mindset.

But we can also decide how open we are to learning different personalities and different ways of life. Life is always colourful as it is meant to be.

I believe open-minded persons are easier to deal with. This evening I am happy to have an open conversation and listen to advice from someone I respect and admire. Good night.

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself" - Jalaluddin Rumi

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment