Monday 23 May 2011

sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right...

...i always love meaningful quotes...which i often keep in my small notebook or memo pad...here is one that i'd like to share..."sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right...and sometimes it is better to have a patient heart that listens than an intelligent mind that speaks"...puhhh...this is the one i'd like to imprint in my brain and try not to forget...my job as a dean requires me to attend various meetings...and to confront many people with different characters...i've met few who are willing to spout off unsupported opinions and ready to confront your statements no matter how factually supported your statements may be...and that require lots of patience (which i often not ha3)...or probably the 'management of compromises' type of skill (what the hack is that? ask Tan Sri Leo Moggie for explanation)...remember last few months when I bit my tongue and was surprisingly nice rather than right...this guy took me to task about something that was absolutely insignificant to our discussion...worse he insisted to be right (when he was factually wrong) and he tried to involve me in an argument, which i wasn't interested...so i ended up letting him think he is right...we all knew he was wrong anyway...so this quote is pretty much a good reminder to us all...especially those impatient type like me...try not to be blunt and to forgive and forget...that would make us feel better...

No comments:

Post a Comment