Sunday 29 May 2011

the truth hurts...

...does anyone ever feel like telling people what they want to hear and not the truth?...kinda like be kind than right thingy...if you do then you're actually telling lies ha3...hmm but i guess its ok to lie sometimes right?...it depends...but most of the times we say what we have to say...not just what the person wants to hear...this is my story...one of my PhD students came to seek my advice today...he asked me few questions which actually guided me to agree with what he did...but instead of giving him definite answers, i took my turn to ask him questions that were related to his questions...that's my job as a supervisor i guess...i believe asking questions is sometimes better than giving answers...that would lead us to understand better the problems we faced...which sometimes prove that one's idea is wrong...i can see frustration in his eyes...after all his preparations, he has to go back and redo things...but as a supervisor i have to tell the truth...and the truth often hurts...hope he won't give up...best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment