Sunday 5 June 2016

Makassar

Done with my keynote speech. I started by reading a quote from Steve Jobs "being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful...that's what matters to me". Funnily, for the first time in my life, I also read a poem, which I wrote a few years ago, entitled "we are proud...but have we ever thought about..." in the middle of my speech. I ended the speech with a modified version of Steve Job's quote "being a professor in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've have done impactful research...that's what matters to me". Alhamdulillah, the participants seem to like the provoking ideas thrown. Few participants came to discuss after the session and plan to invite me to share the ideas at their institutions. Plan to go for a sightseeing this afternoon and read my PhD student's thesis tonight before leaving back to Malaya tomorrow morning. Permisi dulu bapak ya...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment