Wednesday 5 December 2012

...loyalty

...general election is coming soon...and it's gonna be interesting as usual...many talked about their loyalty to party...despite their dream to be selected as party candidates...many 'YB to be' said no matter who're chosen they will give their full support...that's what they said and that's what their leaders are hoping for or would like to hear...but we all know...loyalty isn't something that is common in politics nowadays...we have seen politicians jump from one party to another for survival and/or personal gains...that's the reality...normally those who shout the loudest about their loyalty are often the ones who run away the fastest when they are not selected...and that does not happen only in politics...it also happens in organizations be it public or private...I have seen that many times...ok let's not talk about politics...I am neither a politician nor a political analyst, in fact I hate (or dislike) politics...what I really wanna share is about loyalty in organization...let say our leader steps down for whatever reason...what do we do, steps down and follow him?...what if we are not selected as expected...are we going to remain loyal?...I attended a forum about the issue of innovation in beijing recently...which is attributed, among others, to the different leadership style and employee loyalty...comparisons between China and the West, EU to be exact...panellists are reps from China-based MNCs and local Chinese companies...interesting to note what one of the speakers said...in China, employees, in general, are more loyal to their leaders compared to employees in Europe, which are more loyal to their organization...interesting issue for an HR manager ain't it...how about Malaysia...few years ago I held a mid-level position...my boss, third in the management rank, was somehow advised to step down by the new, no 1 boss...so he came to me and asked me to step down as well...he's the one who's appointed me...it's tough because he's my good friend too...I asked for advice from several senior staff...hmm their advice was...to stay...we're not working for an individual, organization comes first...and that's what I did...luckily my former boss is still my good friend....
Sent from my Blackberry

No comments:

Post a Comment