Tuesday 8 May 2012

react versus respond

...yesterday, one of my PhD students came to my office to discuss his proposal...as always he's very enthusiastic about his work...explained all the improvements he has made over the past few weeks...yeah generally his work has improved...a lot really...but there are still few issues that need to be addressed...as usual i would give my comments, explaining areas that need further improvement...based on my observation, rather than listening carefully to what i said, he just can't resist from reacting to every comments i made...hmm i have my own ego...everyone has that i guess...i would prefer my students to listen and 'respond' whenever ask...remember my conversations with one of senior professors about the differences between react and respond...he said one should respond rather than react...to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment