Monday 5 December 2011

...an apology

...can't sleep again tonite...try to read few articles to discuss in class tomorrow but it just doesn't work...then grab my student's PhD thesis which is on a table next to my bed (it's there untouch for the past 2 weeks) but my brain just can't accept any heavy stuffs after a hard and long day at work...so start browsing the internet looking for something...found this poem, loves it and like to share with you all...it is about an apology...do like reading poems tho i'm not good at writing one...hopefully we can learn something from it...cheers


If it's a weakness to apologize
if it's the wrong thing to say 'I'm sorry!'
if we can't let bygones be bygones
could it be the end of the road? End of our story?

Silence speaks a thousand words
and sometimes words cut deeper than knife
words hurt more than sticks and stones
words also have power to soothe to heal.

If apology makes one look weak
then I don't want to be strong
If saying 'sorry' is immature
let me not grow up let me stay young.

Isn't the upper hand better than the lower?
The worst apology tendered when death stares one in the face?
isn't he blessed one who receives admonition from others?
Isn't one who forgives others forgiven by Allah for his sins?

Isn't he who suppresses anger abundantly Allah rewards?
Isn't he compensated greatly who faces misfortune with perseverance?
Isn't he given double reward who shows patience and forbearance?
I seek Allah's Mercy, I seek His Forgiveness.

Written by Ummu Muhammad
27/11/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment